Staff and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marijuxnx

Dec 27, 2018
I was recently banned for alting. I am not getting unbanned and believe me, I know this. These past months I have been an active member of the community, and I've seen the staff regularly mistreat the players. From unfair mutes to false bans, the majority of the team are irresponsible and downright obnoxious. One example of this would be a mod I encountered while playing a couple of rounds of sg. A player killed another player and spammed 'L' in the chat. I said this was toxic, and reported it. The mod in-game messaged me saying "he didn't mean it like that." This was the mods friend. I later died to the same player, and he said the exact same thing. I called the mod out and got muted. I also posted an 800-word ban appeal as to why I should be forgiven for my crimes which got denied. I had expended almost an entire week of effort and emotion into this thing but yet I was dismissed and ignored. I tried to contact multiple other staff members, only to be ignored again. Only one moderator was actually helpful to me, and this was Jordan. Props to him because I would say he is one of the only good ones. To say the least, I am incredibly disappointed with how I've been treated throughout this entire situation. I've talked to many other members and imp not alone on this issue. Part of the problem is the servers Fascist style of ruling and the poor execution of these rules. I have found the Moderators to be more helpful than the senior moderators in every case. The fact that I was ignored by every single senior moderator is appalling and somewhat aggravating. Staff should not be biased under any circumstances. The outstanding issue I have though is the mindset of no second chances. This is a terrible mindset for running a server, especially for a network of Backplay's size. To the few people out there who will support me, thanks. Cya never Backplay'ers and remember, Fuck CommNation.

Revorbs

Oct 6, 2018
I 100% agree with everything u wrote bro. I even got proof of one of the mods not muting a player that was very toxic because it was their friend lol. Only a few good mods out there.... Cookeh_ Permits Jxrdxn and Keps the rest r just pure shit. They need to update their mute rules and ban rules fr cause its just a joke.

PS. im with u with the last 2 words u wrote lmao

Reactions: Lanix

Ferao

Staff and Events Manager
Staff member
Administrator
Staff Manager
Event Manager
Aug 12, 2018
Survival Games 2
@Revorbs @Marijuxnx Both of you please take a seat, prepare some hot chocolate and think about the reasons that makes the Staff ignore your opinions.

Varium.pngRevorbs.pngRevorbs2.png

Have a nice day!

Ferao

manuuugh

Friend
Friend
Oct 14, 2018
The Netherlands
Sir Marijuxnx, let's not forget how you actually tried lying to us that you don't have 20 accounts in total and that you have nooo idea how they got linked to your ip, in order to get unbanned. When you realised that you can't keep lying anymore, you admitted. And now you start trashtalking? You expect us to give you a second chance, but let's not forget how you tried lying and if we would forgive everyone, then why even have staff members, we should let everyone do however they please, no?

Reactions: RareshFenomhenu

Revorbs

Oct 6, 2018
@Manoo

First of all he didn't even say forgive everyone did he. Second chances should be given to those who are genuinely sorry......

Teaches

Diamond Sponsor
Diamond Sponsor
Jan 20, 2019
Minnesota
I’m not going to comment on the specifics of the situation between these two players, but I do want to talk about second chances in general. I understand that this server likes to have very ‘strict’ rules and they aren’t willing to give second chances basically at all, which is good in a way, because it should in theory keep hackers off the server, but I really don’t think it does that, and it probablt has an overall negative effect for the server. If you permanently ban someone for hacking, they’ll spam the discord and forums with ban appeals every time you don’t unban them, and then probably hate the server so much that they buy a new account and continue to hack on the server. I think it would be much more beneficial to give players atleast a temporary ban before permantly banning them, because this gives second chances to players and also keeps the player base on the server up. I’m not going to mention their names but I know of several players who would definitely have bought donor on this server, but did something dumb in the past and got banned for it.

TLDR Perma bans without any second chances have a negative effect on the server in my opinion.

Side note, I think most of the staff team (in my interactions) has been very kind and understanding, although I do wish there were some NA Senior Staff (specifically Admins) as I’ve been waiting a while to get my discord rank.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Revorbs

Revorbs

Oct 6, 2018
I’m not going to comment on the specifics of the situation between these two players, but I do want to talk about second chances in general. I understand that this server likes to have very ‘strict’ rules and they aren’t willing to give second chances basically at all, which is good in a way, because it should in theory keep hackers off the server, but I really don’t think it does that, and it probablt has an overall negative effect for the server. If you permanently ban someone for hacking, they’ll spam the discord and forums with ban appeals every time you don’t unban them, and then probably hate the server so much that they buy a new account and continue to hack on the server. I think it would be much more beneficial to give players atleast a temporary ban before permantly banning them, because this gives second chances to players and also keeps the player base on the server up. I’m not going to mention their names but I know of several players who would definitely have bought donor on this server, but did something dumb in the past and got banned for it.

TLDR Perma bans without any second chances have a negative effect on the server in my opinion.

Side note, I think most of the staff team (in my interactions) has been very kind and understanding, although I do wish there were some NA Senior Staff (specifically Admins) as I’ve been waiting a while to get my discord rank.

Thanks for reading.
I agree with u 100% but the rule they have on mutes is actually stupid af. If ur muted and u go on a diff account its called alting and results in a perm ban??? the account is only muted tho you shouldn't get a ban just another mute or a perm mute.... they say if ur banned and u use an alt its evading a ban.....but if u ur muted and use an alt its evading a mute right?? Why should u get banned for that.

Teaches

Diamond Sponsor
Diamond Sponsor
Jan 20, 2019
Minnesota
I agree with u 100% but the rule they have on mutes is actually stupid af. If ur muted and u go on a diff account its called alting and results in a perm ban??? the account is only muted tho you shouldn't get a ban just another mute or a perm mute.... they say if ur banned and u use an alt its evading a ban.....but if u ur muted and use an alt its evading a mute right?? Why should u get banned for that.
I actually think this is a fair rule. You shouldn’t be using alts to evade mutes in the first place. I just don’t agree with the perma ban on first offense. But obviously this isn’t my server, just throwing in my two cents.

Apeone

Jan 18, 2019
they have that mut, that ban for cheats and so on - a ban. they do not look for what and how the player is blocked and this is a minus

Last edited:

Marijuxnx

Dec 27, 2018
@Ferao @manuuugh Obviously I’ve accepted my ban now. All I’m saying is that second chances are an important part of a healthy server being that people change and learn. I’m actually suprised this post haven’t been taken down yet even though my IP was banned from the discord channel which makes TOTAL sense. Someone who is genuinely sorry and acknowledges the mistake, should be able to play again.
(y)

Revorbs

Oct 6, 2018
I actually think this is a fair rule. You shouldn’t be using alts to evade mutes in the first place. I just don’t agree with the perma ban on first offense. But obviously this isn’t my server, just throwing in my two cents.
Okay but ur talking to me like i used an alt lol im not banned just perm muted

Marijuxnx

Dec 27, 2018
Just because we have had previous punishments (which can be been false by the way) our opinions are immediate discarded? The whole entire time I was trying to contact mods and staff members I was using the utmost respect. That is what you should base your willingness to respond on.

Apeone

Jan 18, 2019

I agree completely for example, on a hypixel - a permanent ban is issued there only after three or four bans and on a server that has little online so far, strict bans affect online and cause hate, anger

Apeone

Jan 18, 2019
look like everyone understands that people can be wrong. and for example - the dude played with the cheats, he was banned forever, he comes in from another account without cheats, realizing the mistake and was banned for alting. on the server you need to do a competent system give bans for a time during which the dude cannot play from other accounts Well, let's remember, on the MCSGthey also gave bans not immediately and forever there was even a division - killaura and so even

Revorbs

Oct 6, 2018
I agree completely for example, on a hypixel - a permanent ban is issued there only after three or four bans and on a server that has little online so far, strict bans affect online and cause hate, anger
You talk so much rubbish but this is the first time i agree with u :D keep it up lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord server

Latest resources

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad_Walrus