Accepted Scandinavian Fracas | Survival Games Map

Do you want "Scandinavian Fracas" to be on Backplay?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKray

Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor
Apr 6, 2019
Welcome Tributes to Scandinavian Fracas! A 24 Player map made by Kraygo Industries. Explore completely custom terrain and fight to the death in a beautiful SG environment! Tons of custom-made buildings, landscapes, and secrets to discover!

-Name of the map
: Scandinavian Fracas

-Lead Builder/Build team name: Kraygo Industries

-Game type: Survival Games

-Map description: Centuries ago, a forbidden evil spread amongst the forests of Scandinavia. This evil was thought by many to be unstoppable, taking every living thing in its path and tainting it. This evil spread until a great Wizard by the name of Wimbleton stopped the taint using the old Nordic Magic. Years later, a wall was built along the hillside in Scandinavia. This wall was built to prevent the evil taint that had spread for years, from coming back into the new beloved Kingdom. The King stationed many men along the wall to prevent this evil magic from ever returning, and should it return, these men would stop at nothing to keep it at bay. The kingdom now celebrates the day Wimbleton stopped the evil each year by hosting a balloon festival. These balloons fill the sky and are launched from the castles nearby balloon tower. With the evil now at bay, the King has invested a large amount of gold into mining operations close to the forest, in the hopes of discovering great wealth so that his people may never suffer again.

-Video/screenshots:

-Coordinates of corn and deathmatch Arena if applicable:
(0,0)

-Map radius:

I hope everyone likes this map! A bit of a backstory about this map: This map was originally started as a project under my own build team (Kraygo Industries) for MCSG in 2014. After working on this map for a year, the build team slowly lost steam and I was forced to put the project on hold. After MCSG closed in 2016, I abandoned the project and the build team was disbanded. However, in March of 2019, I was able to get in contact with a few of the old team members. The project was already 90% complete and with Backplay being the best 1.7.10 SG, we decided to finish the map and make it a Backplay exclusive. Therefore, this map has taken nearly 5 years to complete, and I am just happy to get it out for people to enjoy. There is always satisfaction in seeing something through until the end, and this map is my little piece of nostalgia that I hope everyone will enjoy! Below you can find a link to my original Build Team on the MCSG archive forums, with all of the members who helped make this map!

Original Build Team Link: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/kraygo-industries-build-team.130463/

I hope you enjoy! If you have any questions feel free to contact me!

Eyeballing

Mar 2, 2019
The map looks beautiful, it gives me a holiday resort vibe. In addition, I did vote yes as I believe adding new maps will make SG more fun and less repetitive with the same maps constantly being played. Best of luck!

Reactions: MrKray

Slater

Apr 8, 2019
Amazing work from you and your build team! This map looks incredible, and I would love to see it on the server!

ImBit

Content Manager
Staff member
Content Manager
Feb 18, 2019
United States
Absolutely beautiful, I really enjoy this!

I’d love to see this map implemented in our upcoming large update overhaul. :)

MrKray

Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor
Apr 6, 2019
Sooo....your corn looks strikingly familiar to this build...

https://backplay.net/threads/dresdia-the-lost-haven-official-release.2901/
I can assure you that nothing was copied from any other SG maps. Our cornucopia has been in the map since 2014. I have screenshots of the original build, as well as the original map file with dates. Our cornucopia was originally going to be a clocktower with a dome surrounding it, but it was changed back in the early stages of the map. However, I still have our original plot world in case you would like screenshots of our original build. But I can assure you I had never seen that post before though!

MrKray

Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor
Apr 6, 2019
Thanks everyone, for the positive feedback so far! I really appreciate all the attention the map has gotten and I am glad to just have it completed! If you have any suggestions on the map or what you like/dislike about it, please let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord server

Latest resources

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krissieluv