Minor Colored Names Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImBit

Content Manager
Feb 18, 2019
United States
Hey,

I hope everyone is doing well today. I had a few minuscule suggestions for the current rank colors.

You may question: Why change them? What’s the need? Keep in mind and clearly read the answers I post below. :)

Moderator: Light-red name, aqua chat. [Already is; keep the same]

Senior Moderator: Dark-red name, aqua chat.
Why do this? Well, having a bold name for Senior Mod doesn’t do the justice I believe servers like MCGamer and Hive attempt(ed) to do. Making it dark-red non-bold instead of light-bold would eliminate the question “Are you an admin”, as you can easily see that an Administrator would have a dark-red bold name. Senior Moderators are also on the upper level of moderation responsibilities meaning moderation is associated with light-red, but with their acquired responsibilities they should have a dark-red name not only to represent their seniority in their moderation level; but also as they are essentially “Administrators-In-Training” as some obviously some Senior Moderators have a chance at achieving administrator one day. Not saying they will for sure, or saying that they handle administrative responsibilities. — But they do assist with them: ban appeals, applications, support, etc. I feel there is more to a rank name color than just the fact of “looking good”.

Administrator: Dark-red bold name, aqua chat.
This is fairly self-explanatory. Admins are the highest class in moderation and should follow the consistency of the previous ranks. Adding on the bold would allow them to stand out more and the rank system looks a bit neater.

Owner/Developer: Rainbow name similar to what MCGamer did for Developer/Owner OR Dark-red bold name, aqua bold chat.
This way the rank stands out in the highest form. I would love to see the rainbow the most, however a simple dark-red bold name with bold aqua chat separates it just enough from admins, but still follows the hierarchy and looks clean/professional from any perspective.

I hope these can possibly be considered. If I am honest, I was supposed the ranks don’t match the same as MCGamer as I know in my opinion, the ranks are one of the biggest nostalgia influencers. Obviously gameplay and game mechanics are extremely important, but the ranks are very important as well.

Feel free to leave feedback down below!

Reactions: Mosuto and Allison

Effactation

Feb 18, 2019
This honestly makes a lot of sense. I am really happy that you think the server should do this.​

+1

So excited for the the community! I can't wait man. This is a huge step for pvp.

Applicant - 18th of February 2019

Pending - 19th of February 2019

Reactions: ImBit

manuuugh

Friend
Friend
Oct 14, 2018
The Netherlands
I somehow agree with you, but there will always be people who ask "are you admin?" as long as the name is red, whether its light, dark, bold, no-bold.
But thank you for the suggestion, we will take this into consideration! :D

ImBit

Content Manager
Feb 18, 2019
United States
I somehow agree with you, but there will always be people who ask "are you admin?" as long as the name is red, whether its light, dark, bold, no-bold.
But thank you for the suggestion, we will take this into consideration! :D
Very, very true. :p Either way, I look forward to possibly seeing these updates occur!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discord server

Latest resources

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShinHwa_fate