How to win sg games? XD

Funlion

Jul 3, 2019
The Netherlands
Before someone comes and says "just get better" - I'm a decent paper, at least better than average... My stats are honestly terrible, I just have 4 wins and I've played over 700 he's XD.

I just wana know some stats that you guys use to win. I generally get targeted in Deathmatches cuz most games, I get really stacked (is there anything you people do to counter that?).

Here is an overview of my playstyle:

Fov - 95/100/120
I go after people even if there more stacked than me,
I don't really fns,
I hate bowspammers and I don't use the bow too much,
I never play defensive unless I'm against a team of 2

Sooo, is there anything wrong with my playstyle? Is there anything I can do to deal with teams or people more stacked than me? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Peace

Ally

Staff member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Getting used to using a bow, rod and FNS just as much as you use your sword is a great first step. Playing with a friend or two also greatly increases your chance at winning (and it’s also more fun). I’m definitely not the best at Pvp but I’ve been playing for quite a long time :)

Reactions: bonjwa

hup234hup

Staff member
Jul 14, 2019
You don’t have to play defensive because I hate doing it as well, but you’ve gotta utilize all your secondaries whenever you can especially the bow and rod and don’t waste fns on 1v1s use that against teams, keep your playing pace up so that other players can’t keep up with your play style you’ve gotta be really aggressive at times and passive aggressive at others, rod crit people go for lots of crits the knockback here allows crit combos to be easier to come by, also try separating teams with the bow and rod and always try and keep a decent guess on player health in situations like that, don’t take fights you don’t think you’ll win and you’ll start winning a lot more

Reactions: Ally and bonjwa

bonjwa

Staff member
Moderator Buddy
Dec 20, 2018
You can try playing defensive. The person above did a pretty good explanation of how to play aggressive because that is his style of play. I personally am a defensive player.
For me, maps matter a lot. Picking a map where you know a route with a good amount of tier 2s and tier 1s. Tier 2s can help you with armor, gapples, diamonds... however tier 1s are also important as much as tier 2s. In tier 1s you can get your secondaries, iron, gold and also arrows (which is important in defensive playstyles).
My playstyle consists of a lot less fair sword and rod fights. When playing this way you want to have an advantage always either high grounds, low grounds, chokes, good fns placements and stuff like that. Practice makes perfect.
In dm, you can play aggressive or passive depending on the situation you are in. The bow is your best friend, having a lot of arrows in DM can be an easy win.

This is my best advice. Play a lot of games and practice different styles. Every good player has something that is unique to them. You might lose 1000 games, it doesn't matter the only thing that matters is that you get better with each game. Find your flaws and try to manage them well so it doesn't affect in you in-game that much.

Reactions: Ally

Funlion

Jul 3, 2019
The Netherlands
Thx hup234hup and bonjwa, seperating teams sounds good, I tried it out a while ago, and it really helps. I'll also try keeping the offensive/Agressive playstyle and yea, I'll try not taking on people that are waaaaay more stacked than me.

Thx a lot, have a great day
Peace

Reactions: Ally

Dushan

Staff member
Jul 4, 2019
Serbia
Before someone comes and says "just get better" - I'm a decent paper, at least better than average... My stats are honestly terrible, I just have 4 wins and I've played over 700 he's XD.

I just wana know some stats that you guys use to win. I generally get targeted in Deathmatches cuz most games, I get really stacked (is there anything you people do to counter that?).

Here is an overview of my playstyle:

Fov - 95/100/120
I go after people even if there more stacked than me,
I don't really fns,
I hate bowspammers and I don't use the bow too much,
I never play defensive unless I'm against a team of 2

Sooo, is there anything wrong with my playstyle? Is there anything I can do to deal with teams or people more stacked than me? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Peace
Don't get this the wrong way, but if you have 4/700 you are not better than average. You might have more experience than average but your mechanics are clearly not that great. Not trying to insult you, but that's the first thing you have to admit.
Even if you get teamed on in every single deathmatch you play, an above average player should have more wins than that.

For the deathmatch situation, people will random team, that's how it goes, especially if the two of them are understacked compared to you. You can't really change that. But if you want to lower the chances of that happening, try to stay out of their way, keep it on the low and come in at the right moment. If you happen to have a pair of diamond boots or a diamond helmet, take it off when you guys get teleported back to spawn, try not to show your sword at all, don't give them any information, whether it's better than theirs or worse.

I think that FOV should be at around 100, but it's ultimately a personal preference. I play at around 95-105.
FNS is a huge part of SG, you HAVE to utilize it if you want to win more. Practice quick FNSing, practice the 360 fns, practice every type. As someone said above, it is especially useful against teams. And don't worry about not spamming it, spam it if you have to, it can win you the fight even if it does make you look a bit silly.

BOW is over powered in my opinion, if you aren't good with bow, get better with it, you can win more games than you are currently winning using ONLY your bow (provided that you are good with it). Imagine combining it with your other resources. I hate bow spammers as well, but you have to adapt. What's the saying, "adapt or be extinct"?

I don't like playing defensively either, I'm all about the plays. But you can't be like a bull and just run into a team and expect to win every time. Tease them, but in NO CASE, unless it's for money, if you know what I mean ;), should you sweat your ass off just not to lose the game. NOBODY likes those players, if you see that they are good players and they aren't falling for your FNSs, choke points etc. , I suggest giving up and moving onto the next game, you are just wasting everybody's time when you could be winning a different game. Yes, there are instances where you can kill good teams, of course, but in my opinion it is not worth the time you have to put in.

The rod is another key part, it is my favorite item and I don't fight without unless I have to or I'm super confident. Very strong item and if you aren't very good at rodding people, get good at it, there's not much else to it really. It can create many, many opportunities.

While playing to get better, you will obviously get better and eventually develop a feel for these things. You will know when to rod, you will learn how to run better, when to stop, when not to, what fights to take etc.

As someone mentioned above, maps are a big part of it if you are worse than average and trying to get better. If you are trying to go from average to above average, or to a god's level, maps should not make that much of a difference. You should be able to handle/adapt to every situation you get put in.

Watch people that you know are good, analyze their playstyle and their decisions. And learn to love the challenge. After you get to a level where you think you are good enough, start doing challenges, most of them (if not all of them) put you at a disadvantage which I think is crucial to improving your game.

I'll try not taking on people that are waaaaay more stacked than me.
Peace
No no no no no, I always do that, that is the way to become a god at this game. The stronger the disadvantage the greater the satisfaction.

I think that should cover it :D

George

Staff member
Aug 14, 2019
United Kingdom
Hey man!

I'm no SG God, but I'll share my input.

1. 'Fov - 95/100/120' - Perfectly normal and a strong choice.

2. 'I go after people even if there more stacked than me', 'I never play defensive unless I'm against a team of 2' - Maybe try and play slightly more passive. Only engage if you see you have the upper hand or a good chance at coming out on top. Use command sense in situations. Don't always go for the kill, go for the win. Be patient.

3. 'I don't really fns', 'I hate bowspammers and I don't use the bow too much' - FNS and the bow are Two very key aspects and are useful to pick your opponents health apart before finishing them with your sword.

I'm sure with a few adjustments to your game play, you will see a difference in your performance and an improvement with your stats. You have the skills and ability, but you just need to learn how to improvise strategies.

Best of luck.

-George

JesusTheGangster

Staff member
Jun 8, 2019
Survival Games 4
This is coming from the true OG of this game. (Over 2000 wins on MCSG) #flex

First off, you are way too agressive. The whole point of SG is to be the last one standing and that means doing anything that's necessary to win. Even if it's cleaning up someone, backstabbing, etc.

I've had many games where I was stacked but I lost due to being way too agressive. One of the biggest issues I see in players nowadays is underestimating the opponent. Truly, people have gotten better in pvp. You need to treat every player like a potentional threat, not based on what they have.

One more important thing is "game sense". Knowing when you can fight someone, being aware of your surroundings, if a clean up is possible, if someone is nearby etc. All in all, playing defensive and being aware wins you most of the games.

The last most important tip is just PLAY, PLAY, PLAY. You will have days where you can outplay the best players in the game yet you lose games. I know players from back in the day who I personally played with cough Gravey4rd cough who aren't great pvp-ers but have insane game sense which allows them to win a ton of games.

Your aggressive playstyle reminds me of TOXICWASTEII, he was just like you. Although he played back when people weren't so good. The playstyle nowadays rarely works if you want to win games.

Funlion

Jul 3, 2019
The Netherlands
This is coming from the true OG of this game. (Over 2000 wins on MCSG) #flex

First off, you are way too agressive. The whole point of SG is to be the last one standing and that means doing anything that's necessary to win. Even if it's cleaning up someone, backstabbing, etc.

I've had many games where I was stacked but I lost due to being way too agressive. One of the biggest issues I see in players nowadays is underestimating the opponent. Truly, people have gotten better in pvp. You need to treat every player like a potentional threat, not based on what they have.

One more important thing is "game sense". Knowing when you can fight someone, being aware of your surroundings, if a clean up is possible, if someone is nearby etc. All in all, playing defensive and being aware wins you most of the games.

The last most important tip is just PLAY, PLAY, PLAY. You will have days where you can outplay the best players in the game yet you lose games. I know players from back in the day who I personally played with cough Gravey4rd cough who aren't great pvp-ers but have insane game sense which allows them to win a ton of games.

Your aggressive playstyle reminds me of TOXICWASTEII, he was just like you. Although he played back when people weren't so good. The playstyle nowadays rarely works if you want to win games.
Stop flexxxxiiiing! Also c0ngrats for 2k wins. Yea I am toooooo aggressive. I'm a really good pvpers. NO one really got a nice combo on me but yea, I should be less aggressive. Thx alot

Stop flexing lol XD. Also congrats for 2k wi

Reactions: JesusTheGangster

Funlion

Jul 3, 2019
The Netherlands
Don't get this the wrong way, but if you have 4/700 you are not better than average. You might have more experience than average but your mechanics are clearly not that great. Not trying to insult you, but that's the first thing you have to admit.
Even if you get teamed on in every single deathmatch you play, an above average player should have more wins than that.

For the deathmatch situation, people will random team, that's how it goes, especially if the two of them are understacked compared to you. You can't really change that. But if you want to lower the chances of that happening, try to stay out of their way, keep it on the low and come in at the right moment. If you happen to have a pair of diamond boots or a diamond helmet, take it off when you guys get teleported back to spawn, try not to show your sword at all, don't give them any information, whether it's better than theirs or worse.

I think that FOV should be at around 100, but it's ultimately a personal preference. I play at around 95-105.
FNS is a huge part of SG, you HAVE to utilize it if you want to win more. Practice quick FNSing, practice the 360 fns, practice every type. As someone said above, it is especially useful against teams. And don't worry about not spamming it, spam it if you have to, it can win you the fight even if it does make you look a bit silly.

BOW is over powered in my opinion, if you aren't good with bow, get better with it, you can win more games than you are currently winning using ONLY your bow (provided that you are good with it). Imagine combining it with your other resources. I hate bow spammers as well, but you have to adapt. What's the saying, "adapt or be extinct"?

I don't like playing defensively either, I'm all about the plays. But you can't be like a bull and just run into a team and expect to win every time. Tease them, but in NO CASE, unless it's for money, if you know what I mean ;), should you sweat your ass off just not to lose the game. NOBODY likes those players, if you see that they are good players and they aren't falling for your FNSs, choke points etc. , I suggest giving up and moving onto the next game, you are just wasting everybody's time when you could be winning a different game. Yes, there are instances where you can kill good teams, of course, but in my opinion it is not worth the time you have to put in.

The rod is another key part, it is my favorite item and I don't fight without unless I have to or I'm super confident. Very strong item and if you aren't very good at rodding people, get good at it, there's not much else to it really. It can create many, many opportunities.

While playing to get better, you will obviously get better and eventually develop a feel for these things. You will know when to rod, you will learn how to run better, when to stop, when not to, what fights to take etc.

As someone mentioned above, maps are a big part of it if you are worse than average and trying to get better. If you are trying to go from average to above average, or to a god's level, maps should not make that much of a difference. You should be able to handle/adapt to every situation you get put in.

Watch people that you know are good, analyze their playstyle and their decisions. And learn to love the challenge. After you get to a level where you think you are good enough, start doing challenges, most of them (if not all of them) put you at a disadvantage which I think is crucial to improving your game.

No no no no no, I always do that, that is the way to become a god at this game. The stronger the disadvantage the greater the satisfaction.

I think that should cover it :D
Also thx alot for taking your time to write this all down. This really helps a lot :)

Reactions: Dushan

soh

Clan Staff Manager
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Moderator Buddy
May 14, 2019
Mars
I play with a annoying ping so I rod a lot haha

Discord server

Latest resources

Latest posts