A new sg point system

RunItsKristian

Nov 23, 2020
Norway
z0r.de
I'm an old hive SG player, and I thought the hive system was the best points system for creating a competetive scene. I havent gotten the chance to play SG on this server yet, but of what Ive seen on youtube the point system are pretty dull tbh. On the hive points were the measurment of skill kinda, aswell as kd and winloss ratio. It's ofc pretty lame to be copying other servers models, but imo its a really good way of getting more people to play. My self and other hive players have been talking about getting in to the scene again, but the one big thing we miss on other servers, is the point system. It really was the thing that got us so hooked on the Hive. Please give me some thoughts and feedback on this topic, because I really think it is the right move to do. Here is the modell that the Hive used/s.

In Survival Games Classic and SG:Heroes you gain points depending on the other user's stats and the same thing applies to you when you die (then it's about your amount of points)

• Killing a player with under 100 points = 5 points
  • Killing a player with many points will give you 2,5% of his points
Example: If X has 1000 points, you will get 2,5% which means = 25 points.

• If you have under 100 points and you get killed = -5 points
  • If you have many points and you get killed, they will gain 2,5% of your current points
Example: If X dies with 2000 points, her killer will gain 50 points. Caro then has 1950 points.
  • Getting a win grantes 100 points aswell

EDIT: If u look at my spoiler, you can see some ss of kills from the hive. Getting those high point kills do be feeling good!

Last edited:

mustyln

Galaxy Sponsor
Galaxy Sponsor
mustyln
mustyln
Sep 10, 2019
United Kingdom
Thanks for your suggestion, it sounds great and would probably be a viable way for the point system to work, although i'm sure ibai will rework the points system in a way of his own and may take inspiration from you. Not bad though.

Reactions: Zelfz and Doruk

Ilegator

Apr 25, 2020
The current point system is a "Play to win" system. The more matches you play (no matter how bad win ratio you have or how few kills you get), you will eventually get to the top.
I hope you change it soon.

Relativitas

Staff member
Jan 22, 2021
Canada
As an ex-Hive Survival Games player myself, I'm definitely in favor of introducing that type of points system. I hope it gets considered! I would like to see a personal twist or modification brought in by the developers. I also noticed you don't lose points for dying, which might be a good addition in order to effectively create a more ranked competitive atmosphere.

Reactions: Ilegator

Discord server

Latest resources

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreenFireWitch